Friday, August 21, 2015

Thai Food Home Recipe 泰囯小食 - Chong Hwa School Gombak

A place for a Thai food with no name, operating from home somewhere in Gombak / Setapak. I have decided to hunt for this place and found it eventually. The name Jalan Chong Hwa is important though it's not located exactly on this road but a little bit of nosing around will do the trick. It was lunch time and most of the patrons were students and workers from the surrounding areas.
I ordered for a Thai spicy fried rice with extra request for added spice and it was explosive man.... what a sweaty and adventurous lunch. It has been a long time since I have tasted such a "hot" meal... gosh I got swollen lips eating it....
A bowl of clear Tomyam soup, I was surprised to see minced meat balls in it and I like it. The la la clams were fresh and delicious. It really went very well with my "hot" Thai fried rice.
A glass of iced "Cincau" drink was refreshing and it was so lovely on a hot day.
Green curry spaghetti seafood with added pork meat was another delicious and satisfying meal. It had to take me a second visit to try this yummy dish.
In the compound of the house that is heavily shaded with thick green. Nothing cosy while you eat your nice Thai flavoured foods amidst the uniformed students of Chong Hwa Chinese School.
green curry seafood spaghetti
Unfortunately operating time is only until 4.00pm and I can forget about giving my family here for dinner here.
Thai Food Home Recipe 泰囯小食
Lot 5909, Lorong Chong Hwa 2,
Setapak, KL
Open: 9am to 3pm. Closed on Sundays.
Meng Kee Restaurant
- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/eat-drink/article/in-search-of-thai-food-3-under-the-radar-places-in-kl-and-pj#sthash.NA1fbJZx.dpuf
15 Jalan Chong Hwa
3 1/2 Miles Gombak Road
Kuala Lumpur,
Tel : 03-4031 6449

No comments: