Monday, October 02, 2017

Cycle Malaysia Day 14 - Kulim to Gerik

Hotel Zin is a clean and comfortable place to stay, today I wouldn't be doing any long haul riding and Sum Yee will be fetching me to Gerik.
We had our breakfast was at Ria Foodcourt at Jalan Tunku Ibrahim and talked a lot about our past since the time we left our school. 
Upon arrival at Gerik Sum Yee went into one of the residential areas to sell frozen freshwater fish. I did not know there is such market in Gerik. Next time I know where to get freshwater fish.
Restoran Lung Gi (formerly known as Chau Y) is one of the few shops that you can try the common dishes of freshwater fish. This one is located at Jalan Baling - Kuala Kangsar GPS: 5.436006, 101.129411
Sum Yee is familiar with Gerik and he comes to this place quite often. He ordered a steamed putin fish, curry wild boar and a belacan paku veggie.
Thank you so much for everything my old buddy hope we will meet again.
After checking into the hotel I explored the town of Gerik with my bicycle. Gerik is also known as a Rest Town because if its location next to East - West Highway and the links to Kedah and Penang. One of the Chinese temples seen in the town.
The graffiti at the wall of UMNO building.
None of these places I am going to visit in this tour so I would be passing by this place tomorrow.
Din the Taximan agreed to arrange a transport for me from Pulau Banding to Perhentian Titiwangsa.
At the taxi stand I inquired on the fare from Pulau Banding to Perhentian Titiwangsa and it was RM100.
The town is seems to be fairly quiet and dull. The traffic was light.
A church on the main road of the town.
Hotel Sri Bintang is located at fringe of Gerik GPS : 5.440503, 101.132198 I stayed here for the night and I like the room be being on the ground floor. Tomorrow is a day I have a fear of going to Pulau Banding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Delicious Recipes. Excellent blog you’ve made here.. It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Welcome by Favorite Food opportunities and teaching Commercial to Residential Conversion.